Saturday 5 March 2011

Is Nikki Sixx after my job?!

I was never one for looking at photo books until I got gifted one at Christmas.  Now I'm addicted to them! I had forgotten how much fun it was to look at photos AND physically hold them at the same time.


I've always been a rock n' roller at heart.  I've always been a photographer at heart, too, so it was a pleasure to hear that other people like the same thing, let alone that other person being Nikki Sixx.  Now, I don't know if he is actually after my job or not (I wonder if he'd like to come and shoot for us?!) but I am intrigued to see his work.


In his upcoming book, "This Is Gonna Hurt" we will get to see his take, in photographs, prose and music, on what he does for a living.  I've always been a big fan of "behind-the-scenes" shooting of rock bands, e.g. the work of Ross Halfin shooting Metallica, so it'll be great to get a perspective from someone actually in the band rather than just around the band.


Us photographers are an interesting bunch and we all see things in different ways.  It would seem that Nikki is no different, saying “I’ve always had an eye for the oddities in life. Even as a kid I saw the world in my own way and thought most things that were different were beautiful and magical. Even things that other people thought were horrifying and disgusting and weird. . . . People say I have a distorted lens. I think I see things as they really are,”.  He continues, “I felt the need to bring my visions to life.  This project is raw, it’s what I see and feel through writing, through photos, through video and through music.”


I'm always up for a bit of new music but have never really put music to slideshows or tried to capture a photographic moment with a musical score.  Nikki, on the other hand, has created a soundtrack for this project with SIXX: A.M., which consists of Sixx, Dj Ashba and James Michael.  I can't wait to hear this and try something new.  If it works, I may have to borrow the idea (although I don't think I could assemble such a cast of musicians so I may just give it a miss!)


There's gonna be singles, videos and all the usual crazyness surrounding this so go get some sneak previews now at SixxSense.com


Plus, this little teaser reminds me of Alton Towers adverts, which is a good thing :)



What?! You need Facebook and Twitter links as well?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Go for it... :)