Saturday 2 April 2011

Shooting McFly... with a camera.

If you know me, you probably know that McFly aren't really my "thing" but I knew that they'd put on a nice show for the cameras so I popped along to shoot the show for ConcertsCaptured.

Shooting at the NEC, sorry, "LG Arena", is always fun.  Stood stage-side watching The Struts entertain and warm up the crowd whilst trying to remember where I'd sat at all the gigs I paid to go to at the LG Arena for in the past, ahhhhh, being old is fun.

McFly were as expected... entertaining, lively and fun which, I presume by the crowd reaction, is what people wanted.  They did seem to be having a genuinely good time which I always like to see in a band.  Us photographers were informed before the band came on that the show would start with a bang/explosion.  I had visions of The Stotts coming out but turns out McFly could afford proper pyro (check the video below at 1:15 if you are confused at this point):



I only use one camera at a shoot so I have to change lenses if I want to get different types of shots.  This led to me running in and out of the photo pit like a loon to strap the zoom lens on but I reckon it was worth the jog.  I was REALLY happy with the few shots below.  The first one is my favourite and was complete luck that I was in the right place at the right time for it.  I would love to say I planned it but no, complete fluke! (Should I have admitted that?!)  The second one took a couple of goes to get but I think I finally nailed it on the last jump he did (well, the last one during the first three songs anyway).  The third shot is one that has annoyed my friends due to the singer's Springsteen stance... surely you see the resemblance too?!

As always, the full set is over on ConcertsCaptured and you can interact with myself and ConcertsCaptured on our Facebook page and on Twitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Go for it... :)