Monday 18 April 2011

Parkour

Turns out this was my last ever shoot with my camera, it broke right after the last few shots were taken.  In fact, the last photo in the Parkour gallery is the last photo I ever took with the camera that started ConcertsCaptured. Plus, the cool effect on that photo is all due to the shutter breaking, no Photoshop needed!

I did this shoot as I was intrigued by the idea of parkour/free running.  I heard about it after seeing a feature on John Morrison of the WWE who is big into the parkour scene.  So, after researching a little I came across a few people on Facebook who do it regularly in Birmingham and were happy to let me shoot their Saturday morning routine.

I didn't really know what to expect but suffice to say the guys I photographed were cool, down-to-earth peeps who were happy to go about their free-running business whilst I balance on high ledges trying not to take too many steps backwards.  The things I do for "the shot"!  I got in some good positions for most of the shots and once I knew what the guys were going to do it became easier to anticipate and therefore get a better shot.  I had to be really quick to capture the action as I didn't know if they would be doing some of the stunts again.

I took these shots with either a 28mm f2.8 or 50mm f1.8 lens.  Considering it was my first time shooting something like this, I'm happy that I captured some of the intensity of parkour in these shots and there's a few below that I'm REALLY pleased with.  I especially love the shots of Buggs Wabbit Runner leap-frogging the Birmingham balls and flying through the air whilst the little yellow man tells normal people where to walk :)


The full set, as always is on ConcertsCaptured.co.uk and you can share these shots on our Facebook and Twitter pages also.  A BIG thank you to Buggs Wabbit Runner for allowing me to shoot this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Go for it... :)